Specialised Funeral Care for Children & Young People
End of Life Care & Funeral Planning
We can assist with:
- Meeting with families to discuss the future end of life and funeral care of their child.
- Exploring innovative and creative end of life and funeral choices.
- Liaising with the care team of a child to communicate these plans.
- Creation of legacy documents including estate planning for young people over 18 years.
These services are provided at no cost.
Organising a Funeral
Our services include:
- Transfer into our care, or,
- Support for home based care after death or care at the place of death.
- Arrangement of the funeral/memorial service.
- Supply of suitable coffins.
- Booking of all activities and suppliers.
- Cemetery/crematorium bookings.
- Return of ashes or assistance with memorialising a grave.
- Short term after death care to support early bereavement.
These services are offered on a Fee for Service basis.
Sudden Death Care
We can support you by:
- Where possible, attending the scene of an accident, in the hospital or in your home.
- Phone support for anyone affected by a sudden death of a child.
- Support with understanding and navigating the Coronial Court process.
- Referral to appropriate other services.
These support services are provided at no cost. Should you choose us to also organise the funeral then fees will apply. Please see Organising a Funeral above.
Community Development and Death Literacy
We can :
- Building death literacy in our community so adults, adolescents and children can engage with death, dying, grief and bereavement in a supportive and meaningful way.
- Working with and within educational settings to increase death literacy.
- Provide support and guidance to professionals or individuals working in communities that experience the death of a child, adolescent or young adult. Eg: teachers, sporting clubs, allied health etc.
- Peer and professional development for workers who are engaged or find themselves engaged in the end of life space of children, adolescents and young adults to better inform their support of families and the dying person themselves.
Consulting fees may apply for these services.
The Willow Tree Foundation
We envision a future where all Australians bereaved by the death of a child receive compassionate & meaningful funeral care, service, understanding & support.
The Willow Tree Foundation acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work and live, and recognises their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.